By Catherine Cortes
Welcome to LuluBeeandKewi.com, your home for nurturing the young saints in our community. We believe that every child is a divine creation, endowed with unique talents by our Heavenly Father. Our mission is to empower children to discover and develop these gifts, guiding them towards a fulfilling future.
Here are 20 thought-provoking questions, to help children unlock their individual talents and interests:
- What activities make you lose track of time when you're doing them?
- If you could learn any skill instantly, what would it be and why?
- What subjects in school do you find most enjoyable?
- When do you feel most confident and capable?
- What kinds of challenges do you enjoy overcoming?
- Is there a particular hobby or activity you've always been curious about trying?
- Which of your qualities do your friends and family admire most about you?
- When you imagine your ideal future, what do you see yourself doing?
- What makes you feel proud of yourself?
- Are there any historical figures or role models you deeply admire? What qualities do you admire in them?
- What are some things you've done that you're really good at?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be and why?
- What types of problems do you enjoy solving?
- What activities make you feel most alive and engaged?
- What do you daydream about when you're bored?
- Are there any patterns or themes in the things you enjoy doing?
- What activities do you excel at without much effort?
- When have you felt the most fulfilled and satisfied?
- If you could create anything, what would it be and why?
- What do you enjoy teaching others about?
To support your child's journey of self-discovery, here are some tips and examples for parents:
Encourage Exploration: Provide opportunities for your child to try new things, whether it's a new hobby, sport, or artistic pursuit. For example, if your child shows interest in music, consider enrolling them in music lessons or exposing them to different instruments.
Be a Role Model: Share your own passions and interests with your child. Your enthusiasm can inspire them to explore their own interests further. If you love gardening, involve your child in planting and caring for a garden together.
Provide Resources: Offer access to books, classes, and resources related to your child's interests. For instance, if your child shows an interest in astronomy, take them to a planetarium or check out books from the library about space exploration.
Offer Support: Be supportive of your child's endeavors, even if they're unconventional or unexpected. If your child expresses interest in learning martial arts, for example, research local dojos and enroll them in classes.
Celebrate Achievements: Celebrate your child's successes and milestones along the way. Whether it's mastering a new skill or completing a project, acknowledge their efforts and encourage them to keep pursuing their passions.
By fostering a supportive environment and encouraging exploration, parents can help their children uncover their unique talents and interests, ultimately empowering them to thrive and fulfill their potential.